Monday, December 22, 2008

Merry Christmas


I love this time of year! I love the food, the parties, spending time with our families, but most importantly I love reflecting on the birth of our Savior.

Yesterday as I was sitting in primary watching the kids act out the birth of Christ I felt so emotional. As I thought about what it must have been like for Mary to give birth to her precious son in a barn and lay him to rest in a manger it was hard to fight back the tears. I thought about the innocence of the children who were acting as Mary and Joseph and it seemed so right to have children acting in their behalf.

I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have that the Savior truly came to this World. He was born into the most humble circumstances and he died in the most humble circumstances. I love Him and am grateful for Him and the hope that he brings to each of us!


I hope that you all have a very Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Natallee said...

WHat a great picture! You are such a darling family!!

the Roberson family said...

I love the picture in your header-- you all look beautiful. I love this time of year also, it is humbling to think of all we have been given especially when we consider how the Savior came into the world. I hope your family has a wonderful holiday. Love ya!